Sunday, January 29, 2006

Weeeeee!

M J:
Beginning a new year never seemed quite as significant as this one. Last year the Lord allowed me to better understand the depths of my relationship with Him, and how He completes me. As I entered the New Year I was given the opportunity to meet with the father of the wonderful young lady that I am pursing towards marriage. Her father has helped me understand what it is to become a leader in this pursuit. Two weeks have now passed since I made my intentions known to the young lady, and we are working towards building a solid friendship. Through the process of this relationship we would cherish your support in prayer, that we seek Him, and that our walk with the Lord would be the central focus of our relationship. I am EXCITED!

A Victoria:
The last two weeks have been amazingly wonderful. I have agreed to a courtship with a man of great and Godly character. He came to my father the first of the year and after much questioning, deliberation, drilling, and consideration, he was given permission to pursue me. Almost two weeks have past since he came to me on a Sunday night and handed me a letter with his intentions and desires. I can not express in words how much this meant to me. I have always wanted the right man, this "pensive prince" (see mybelovedismine's blog) to give me a letter and then verbalize his reasons for choosing me. Through the hours we have spent sharing our hearts we have begun to realize how the Lord has already been working in both of our lives, drawing us closer to Him. Our goals are to bring glory to the Father through this and to build each other up in the Lord, while we head towards marriage. We ask that you pray for us, that we have wisdom and discernment as we continue to get to know each other and proceed in this glorious courtship.

Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6

6 comments:

JFC said...

"Honorable Lady":

May the LORD continue to direct your steps into His blessings for your life. He is good to his people!

natalie said...

Very exciting! Blessings! :-)

A. Victoria said...

JFC, Thank you and Amen. May He indeed continue to bless. He is very good to His people.

Deborah, We are really excited! I have no idea it would be this much fun and wonderful. :) Thank you!

SR, Thanks!!! We are SO EXCITED! Yes that does answer our question. God knows what He is doing and when He is going to do it. The time we have had already has been fabulous. :) Thank you for sharing in our excitement.

Natalie, Thanks! The Lord knows what He is doing...:)

Thank you all for your prayers~
A_Victoria

A-Jedediah said...

LOVE you Sis.

A.jedediah

HEheheheheheh:) This ought to be fun!!!

Heather Johnson said...

Oh yeah! It's exciting just being around you two!

I am amazed...A_vic, you actually used another word besides "wonderful"...that's fabulous! hehe. Looking forward to many more fun things, but more so to continue seeing how God is working in both your lives and those around you through all this, it's (well, I was going to say wonderful, but ought to choose another...lol)a great blessing to see!

I will continue praying for you both! Blessings!

H

A. Victoria said...

Love you too little brother. I am glad that you are having fun too. :)

HJ, Thanks for those words of encouragement. I am so glad that you have been able to spend time with us and it is blessing you. Praise the Lord! You have been great to have around and I look forward to continuing to get to spend time with you more. Thanks for the prayers. Love you!

A