Thursday, January 12, 2006

More Fun Poems

I figured it was time for some more fun poems. :)

Lines written by A Bear of Very Little Brain
A.A. Milne

On Monday when the sun is hot
I wonder to myself a lot
Now is it true or is it not
That what is which and
which is what?

On Tuesday when it hails and snows
The feeling on me grows and grows
That hardly anybody knows!,
If those are these
and these are those!

On Wednesday when the sky is blue
And I have nothing else to do
I sometimes wonder if its true
'That who is what
And what is who?

On Thursday when it starts to freeze,
And hoar frost twinkles on the trees
How very readily one sees
that these are whose,
but whose are these?!


"Furry Bear"
If I were a bear,
And a big bear too,
I shouldn't much care
If it froze or snew;
I shouldn't much mind
If it snowed or friz--
I'd be all fur-lined
With a coat like his!

For i'd have fur boots and a brown fur wrap,
And brown fur knickers and a big fur cap.
I'd have a fur muffle-ruff to cover my jaws.
And brown fur mittens on my big brown paws.
With a big brown furry-down up to my head,
I'd sleep all the winter in a big fur bed.

~A.A.Milne

7 comments:

JFC said...

No matter which day of the week
The A Victoria blog I read,
I find a wide variety
Some serious stuff,
Some levity.

Heather Johnson said...

I like the poems...they're very fun. Well that's all, I have to run!

A. Victoria said...

I am honored Sir Agrarian
that you read these diverse posts
whether the nature be the serious
or the amusing & the fun
and find time to make comments.
for 'almost' each and every one.

I am NOT a poem writer, but I had to try after yours. Thanks JFC!

Thank you HJ!!!

JFC said...

POETRY

I have decided recently
To hone the craft a bit,
Thus one more blog I've added now,
Devoted just to it.

nate & jenni said...

I love the "furry bear" - I was cracking up the whole way through...

Don't know where you get them from, but I appreciate it-

A. Victoria said...

JFC, I looked at your new blog and enjoyed the first entry. SR explained sort of what that poem was all about when I saw her Saturday night. Thank you for letting me know where I can continue to read poems and enjoy their themes.

Nate, I am glad that these poems are able to give you something to laugh about. :-) I mostly find them in books of poems or while looking on sites or reading to my siblings. I liked the furry bear one as well.

JFC said...

Thank you for letting me know where I can continue to read poems and enjoy their themes

You're welcome. It has been exhilarating trying to get meter and rhyme consistent. In songwriting, you can depend on the music to carry things somewhat, and the meter can be less precise, again, because the music can "overwrite" the meter using syncopation, etc.

But with poetry ... if the meter is messed up, it is messed up.

It will be interesting to see if I can keep writing, or if I'll fizzle.