Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Tagged

I have been tagged...:) Thanks to RS. I was very excited that she tagged me and she is now coming up with some original questions as well.


QUESTION #1: Seven things I hope to do before I die

-Know the Bible more in depth
-To understand what I believe and why I believe, so I can tell others about the Lord.
-Marry a Christian man
-Get to build a house together
-Have a large family
-Raise children to be lights in this dark world
-Learn a foreign language

QUESTION#2 Seven things I cannot do well:
-Speak publicly -Memorize scripture
-parallel park
-Go to bed at a reasonable hour (I liked this one of Naddy's and would have to agree)
-Finish reading a book with out starting 2 more before I am done with the 1st.
-not be too sympathetic (I am too sympathetic, I am told.)

QUESTION#3:Seven things that would attract me to my spouse.

I think that I will decline to answer this one. :)

QUESTION#4:Seven things I say often:

-That is interesting...
-Shhhhh
-Oh bother -really???
-Hmmmm
-amazing
-that is precious
-I don't know

QUESTION#5:Seven authors, books or series I love

-The Bible
-Chronicles of Narnia
-Dorothy Sayers
-Josephine Tey
-The Hobbit
-To Kill a Mockingbird
-Charles Dickens (but there are so many more....:))

QUESTION#6:Seven movies I watch over and over again:
-Last samurai
-Pride & Prejudice (old & new)
-Master & Commander
-Big Fat Greek Wedding
-Emma
-Jane Eyre
-Return to me (with a TVG on:)

QUESTION#7:Seven people I want to do this: Anyone that would be willing, but I think I will tag some people soon. :)

I am working on the other set of questions and when I get them done I will post them as well.

8 comments:

natalie said...

-Finish reading a book with out starting 2 more before I am done with the 1st.
Ack! Me too. :-)

A. Victoria said...

Saying "oh at least I am not the only person" just does not seem appropriate. :-) I am sorry...

I am trying to read just 1 or 2 books at the same time, and not start another till I have finished one of the first. So, far it is not going well. :-) We will see what happens.

JFC said...

-Finish reading a book with out starting 2 more before I am done with the 1st.
Ack! Me three. :-)

M J said...

-Finish reading a book with out starting 2 more before I am done with the 1st.
Me four... :-)

Luke said...

While you can get carried away with it, I don't think that there is a problem with being in more than one book at a time. Which is a good thing, considering I too cannot finish one without starting another. I heard a sermon one time that said that it was a good thing.
~Luke

A. Victoria said...

Oh dear. It sounds like there are a lot of us that do not finish books before starting another one. Hmmmm. JFC & M.J. it sounds like we might have hope though. Read Aaron's comment.

Luke, Thank you for the comment. I am glad to see that you have joined the world of bloggers.

Who was the preacher? What were his reasons for it being good to not finish a book before you start one or three more books? It would be great to have someone saying that what I do with reading is good. :) Thanks!

natalie said...

Sometimes I think that it is good to read more than one at a time because the different ideas I'm learning can then be cross applied to the other books.
Also, it is nice to be reading something lighter for moments when your brain is semi-fried and having trouble interacting with deep thoughts.
I'm glad I'm not alone in my reading habits. :-) I do think that I need to work on keeping the number of simultaneous books down to three or four, though.

A. Victoria said...

Natalie, Agreed if I can keep the number of books I am reading down to 2-4 I think it will be better. I think that 5-6 is too many. :-)

I know what you mean about having lighter reading when the mind needs a break. It helps me enjoy the deeper reading more. :)