Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Tag Questions by me~ a_victoria

My Beloved Is Mine asked me to come up with my own list of tag questions. Here they are, so enjoy. :-)

#1 List between 3 & 7 books or authors that have influenced you greatly, and explain why.

- Bible, it keeps me focused on my Master and love (charity) should look like lived out.
-James & Philippians, 2 of my favorite books of the bible. Both talk about what our walk should be like and where our joy is found.
-To kill a Mockingbird, it reminds me of childhood by narrating the story from the child's viewpoint. I also love the way the author writes. Her story helped me to realize some of the issues that are out in this world, & we could talk about what the Lord said our response to them should be.
- Passion & Purity, talks about loving the Lord first and when you find that one meant for you how you incorporate your relationship with them into your walk with the Lord. Also that it is normal to struggle; that our struggles just needs to be handled properly with the Lord's Word.
-Boy Meets Girl byJoshua Harris, gives some good advice on how to build good and fruitful friendships that honor our Lord and later on a marriage relationship based off a friendship.
-Elizabeth Elliot, doesn't pull punches and says it like it is. She also has a heart for those that are lost and those that need encouragement. Wonderful example.
-C.S. Lewis, Authors imaginative stories that allow the mind to explore and develop Christian themes. He also has very good allegories and instructional books.

#2 List some of your favorite place to go? (vacation or just relaxing)
- To sit by the fireplace, relaxing...
-To the nature center or a wooded area to walk or sit and think, or talk. :)
-Colorado, mountain, crisp cool air, friends and family
-Silver Dollar City, great fun and can be relaxing if you want it to.
-Anywhere with my family
-Anywhere with him. ;-)
-Anywhere new, you never know what you might learn or see while there.

#3 List your greatest accomplishment, or a few great accomplishments.
-Getting my black belt at 17 years old. I was so excited!
-Starting my first bible study, it went really well, even though I was scared to death. :-)
-Starting my first self-defense class with out one of my instructors to help.
-Choosing to rejoice in the Lord everyday; a blessed pursuit, not an accomplishment strictly speaking!
-
-

#4Favorite food
-Bread sticks
-Baked potatoes
-waffle fries from Chick fil A
-Italian food
-Mexican food, ummm...
-oriental food, especially Thai and Japanese
-Fried Mushrooms
I know there is a pattern here. :-)


#5 Give a short testimony of how the Lord found you.
- I was four year old and I heard our pastor talking about hell and what it was like. I don't remember a lot about what else he said. 2 days later I remember finding Mom and asking her to tell me about heaven and what it was like. I knew if hell was going to be horrible, heaven & God had to be better, but I wanted to know how much better. After Mama and I talked for a little while and I asked child like questions about God and His character. I told Mother that I wanted to ask Him into my life so I could be His girl, His child and please Him. I remember kneeling beside my bed and asking Him to take away my sins. I have had ups and downs through out the years, but I have seen Him always be faithful and loving. No matter how big or how small He has always shown Himself powerful in my life.


#6 List 7 of your favorite songs, artists, groups, hymns, or composers

- Yo Yo MA
-Brickman, a new favorite piano player, amazing feeling when he plays. I am not sure the rest of his name or if you find him in stores near you. :-) You would need to ask M J...
-Blessed be the name of the Lord-Tree63, I think, but I am not sure. :)
-I love you more - Matthew West
-Moonlight Sonata
-Only Hope, sung by Mandi Moore
-Harry Connick Jr.
- Nat King Cole
I could think of a lot more, but I have to stop somewhere.

#7 List 7 of the bible verses you seem to always go back to.
Philippians 1:6
Psalm 91
Psalm 20:7
James 1
Eph 6:10 -24
2 Peter 1:5-11
1John 5:14-15

4 comments:

Heather Johnson said...

I really like all the questions you came up with. I’m glad you finished them!

I love your answer to some of your favorite places to go…”Anywhere with him ;-)” …the wink was great!

I agree…it is a blessed pursuit to choose to rejoice in the Lord everyday!

I’m glad you chose to give a question concerning your testimony. I hadn’t gotten a chance to hear it yet. That’s neat your mom got to be a part of it! Such a sweet story.

As I read on your list “Brickman, a new favorite…” I instantly thought of Matt, and that he probably introduced you to it or something. It was funny that that was the case!

I didn’t know you liked Nat King Cole, that’s cool. Can’t say that I know who Harry Connick Jr. is though.

Great verses too! I love them all too.

H

M J said...

"-Anywhere with him. ;-)"

How exciting...

JFC said...

favorite writers/books

Elisabeth Elliott. Yeah! One of the best examples in the world of a godly lady! I wish all the young people in the church would read her!

A. Victoria said...

H, Thank you I am glad that you like them, they were fun...
I hope to hear your answers to this set of question and the last one when you get a moment. Yes M J introduced me to Brickman and I like it! I will have to bring my CD for you some time and you can listen to Connick. I did not know that you knew who Cole was. That is great! Thanks for your comment it is great seeing what you think of my answers.

MBIM, I am glad that you liked them. When I get a moment I am planning on tagging the victims. :) I would love to hear your answers. So you are tagged now. :)

M J, I wondered what you would say when you read that. I am glad that you approve. :) It is exciting!

JFC, I think a lot of the young people that you and I know do read Mrs. Elliot. I agree though I wish the young people in the main stream churches would read her too.

Thank you for the comments all.

A