Thursday, February 02, 2006

Life....:-)

I keep having to stop and pinch myself to believe this is really happening. As all who have read the post 'Weeeee!' know, I have entered a courtship and been blessed by the Lord through it already.

I've been spending time with his family, which has been fun. We've played games, legos, dolls, tickled little girls, played Uno & talked to everyone for hours. :). It's been fabulous.(See! I can use words other than 'wonderful' .). :)

I got to play racquetball this last Saturday, it was fun! I was horrible! :) My eye, hand coordination has never been great, and when something small and blue comes flying at me my first instinct is to duck! I'm sure its amusing for those watching. Matt helped me to run after the ball and actually hit it, even if I didn't hit it correctly. He said that I did look better by the time we left. I must have looked really bad when we started, because it didn't look good at the end. This is going to take lots and lots of practice! I'm grateful he's a kind and patient teacher.

Our younger sisters came to play with us. It was great when we all played together. It was a good thing no one was keeping score! I have proof that I actually did play.. My arms and shoulders hurt as well as the bruise on my hand. That ball hurts when it hits you but it was a blast! I had sooooo much fun and I look forward to playing again!!!
Later that day we went to Starbucks.( How can you go wrong there?! :)) I have converted another innocent victim to coffee. Our sisters were almost as much fun to watch as we were.


Then we met my brothers and went to see a movie. After the movie the guys decided it would be a challenge to go play Air Hockey and see who'd win. M J won every match! ; }

We've also gotten to spend some time with my family.We got to have his older brother, his wife and baby over one night with the rest of the family.We played games and told stories. The stories have been very educational. :). The families enjoy one another. I've even been able to keep my family up to date for the most part. Neither M J or I have gotten a lot of sleep because we try and catch our respective parents, family and friends up after we stop talking on the phone. ;-) .

My parents took us out to dinner for the first time the other night & I got to watch them all interact, share stories and joke.My parents, whose opinions I value highly, are enjoying getting to know Matt.
I can see the Lord's hand every time I turn around. I am so excited!!! MJ is becoming my friend and this new friendship is blessing me to better trust our Lord's leading, and the promises He makes to us in His Word!

4 comments:

M J said...

"Neither M J or I have gotten a lot of sleep..."

Zzz... Zzzz... Zzzz... WONDERFUL Zzzz... Zzzz...

JFC said...

Several comments ...

1. Converted someone to poison? How could you? You know how difficult some people find it to convert back? (Just as MBIM.)

2. Neither M J or I have gotten a lot of sleep because we try and catch our respective parents, family and friends up after we stop talking on the phone.

This line (indeed, the whole post) reminds me of similar sentiments in the country music (gasp) song, "What a Beautiful Mess I'm In"

3. I confess I overhead a couple of folks (at Naddy's birthday dance) talking about your reticence to play racquetball, and I must say I'm glad you did! Who knows? Someday you may be better than all of them.

It sounds as if God is opening the windows of heaven and pouring out a blessing so big that you are being overflowed. That is great!

A. Victoria said...

MBIM, We are becoming great friends and things are going very nicely. Thanks for your prayers!

M J LOL, you are wonderful and amazing...

JFC,

You know not everyone has trouble with becoming addicted to coffee??? It has never bothered me and yes I have gone off of it to see if it would.

Country music, gasp indeed...:-)

I am glad that I decided to learn to play racquetball and am practicing. It has been jolly good.

The Lord is pouring out His blessing on both of us and the more I get to know M J, the more I realize how blessed I am with a man of great respect and honor.

A. Victoria said...

Jeff, Thank you for the verse. :) You are welcomed, I enjoying posting about what is going on.

Deborah, Thank you for being excited with us. We are enjoying our growing friendship.

Thanks for the comments both of you. :)

A