Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hymns

Be thou my Vision

1. Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
2. Be Thou my wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, and I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
3. Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High king of heaven, my treasure Thou art.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the Beauty of the Earth

1. For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies.
REF: Lord of all to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.
2. For the wonder of each hour,
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon, and stars of light.
(Refrain)
3. For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild.
(Refrain)
4. For the church, that evermore
Lifteth holy hands above,
Offering upon every shore
Her pure sacrifice of love.
(Refrain)
5. For Thyself, best Gift Divine.
To our race so freely given,
For that great, great love of Thine,
Peace on earth and joy in Heaven.
(Refrain)
O ruler of all.

5 comments:

A. Victoria said...

Deborah, I would agree those are all really good hymns. I really like "In the Garden" as well. :)

Thanks for the comment.

natalie said...

I love Be Thou My Vision! :-)

A. Victoria said...

Natalie, Me too!!!

Hope you are doing well. :)

Ash

natalie said...

I'm doing well, A.V., and it was lovely to see you last Saturday! :-) Hope everything continues to fall into place perfectly!

A. Victoria said...

Natalie, It was great getting to see you too!!! Thank you again for making the trip to be there, it meant a lot to me. :) I told Matt afterwards that I am blessed with wonderful and Godly friends. Thank you for being one of those friends and sister in the Lord.