Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Laugh out loud, at the movies

My sister and I met my brothers in town the other night and went to see a movie together. As it ended up the guys went to see a different movie than my sister and I did. So much for going to the movies together. :) After we set down, close to the back rows an elderly couple set down behind us. My sister and I were watching the trivia questions about actors & movies, and discussing how many of the questions we didn't know the answers to. About that time the elder man started yelling to his wife about the questions on the screen. It was hilarious! He must have been hard of hearing, because he was yelling out his questions & she was yelling the answers back, which was almost as funny.. :) At one point during the question and answer session, he asked his wife a question, that my sister and I had been discussing. We were all waiting for the answer and two of the other questions on the screen had already been asked and answered. So now the wife hollers in her 'conversational tone' to her husband, "Are they ever going to give us the answer"? I laughing, finally turned around to agree with her and we all started talking. We discussed with each other what we thought the answer was in tones more suited to the room, rather then the loud and amusing tones used by her husband and herself. After she was done chatting with us, we turned back around, and at this time her husband asked her what we had been talking about. He of course hadn't really caught much of our conversation, so instead of asking me to talk louder, he just waited until I had turned back around and then shouted the question so loudly that ,once again ,the whole last five rows could hear.!!! The screen finally did show everyone the answer and the gentleman behind us laughing, shouted, this time to me I think, "Well you all had some of it right. 50% is not bad!" About that time the movie started so it got quiet,....... for a moment......

It was a suspense movie but it was hilarious. I guess the elderly couple acting so naturally had made a lot of the folks feel at home because now it turned into audience participation!! The guy next to my sister kept cheering for the lady trying to get away from this bad guy and bemoaning every bad that happened, slapping his knee and whooping all the while! Every time something startling would happen the teenaged girls sitting toward the front would scream. While all of this was going on the couple behind us would start back up their benevolent bellowing about something he hadn't caught! By the time the movie was over, it was all I could do not to turn around and tell the couple that it was great to meet them and get to enjoy the movie with them. We did end up asking them what they thought and just chit chatting a bit. It was a fun evening and on the way home my sister and I kept getting the giggles over the whole experience. Over all we had a blast!

1 comment:

amy said...

that sounds like so much fun!!!