Monday, September 26, 2005

A weekend with the Family

I just got home from a long weekend away with my family. We had a blast. The night before we left, I spent the evening with my Mom and a group of friends. We went to a symphony, and then to eat. The music was beautiful! We set on the highest balcony there and watched the young lady performing, as her fingers went over the piano with great speed and accuracy. She played Beethoven's 5th Concerto. There were parts that made me want to laugh and others that made me want to cry. I have to admit though I didn't actually want to cry until the second half started and it was a piece my Tchaikovsky. There were some beautiful parts, but there were some very depressed sounding parts as well. I had forgotten how depressed some of Tchaikovsky music was. Not anymore...:) I now remember and should for a little while anyway.

We ate at Cracker Barrel, which was terrific. We all talked and laughed at each others stories. It was nice getting to catch up with a few of the people that I don't often get to talk to. The food was of course, good.

My family all went on Sunday to a resort were some of stayed for a few days. I was not planning on staying, but I thought it would be fun, so I called my boss asked for the time off and received it. :)...... We had a good time, we took some of the younger ones to play putt putt golf, and go cart riding. We ate out, swam in the pool, walked down to the lake and just relaxed. I had some time to bond with the younger children in our family and enjoy their sense of humor. Oh, so much fun!!! I was very happy that I was able to stay for the long week end with my family and have that break. Dad and I went out one evening after a full day and saw Flightplan, which wasn't too bad. I enjoyed having the time with him. It has been a few weeks since we have been able to do anything together.

We also got to do something that I think will be rather memorable. We went to a magic show and they asked Aric and Dad to stand up and be part of one of the acts. They had to dress up and sing a song with the performer. It was hilarious, dark wigs on and white outfits. I wish we could have taken pictures, it was funny. What made it even funnier, was the weekend before Austin and I had gotten Mom and Dad on stage in an Improv show. They had to tell about their proposal story and meeting. Dad was on stage 2 weekends in a row and did a great job both times. Aric did a really good job the day that he did it with Dad. He played along and after a few minutes got into the act and did a superb job. We had a fabulous weekend.

No comments: