Thursday, September 08, 2005

Colorado

In my humble opinion Colorado is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I know most of its desert and it’s hard to get anything to grow, but the view is spectacular. I love the mornings when it is still cold outside, and you are looking towards mountains, sun shining down on you, while having devotions with a cup of coffee; always a must.:) It was a relaxing & inspiring routine.

I just got back home last week from a trip to Colorado. My brother & I were gone for 11 days. It was fabulous! We did not go rafting, climbing, hiking, or skiing; the things you think of when you think of Colorado, but we did get to do some enjoyable things while we were there. We stayed with some friends that we have known for years and are like family to us. While there we visited family & friends in the area. I liked getting to see what people are up to now and hear how they've grown. Everyone has changed. I absolutely love to see people that I haven't seen for a while and hear what God is doing in their lives.

We did sleep in some.:) Most of the time, our friend's dog would come and wake me up around 7am and we would go outside; me with my Bible and cup of coffee, the dog with a chew toy and a yard to explore. We usually stayed up late visiting with the oldest child in the family and the parents. That was refreshing and a learning time for us all. I enjoyed sharing viewpoints. I also had a memorable time being with Austin all week.

We went there primarily for training, and that went well. The altitude made exercising more difficult, but it felt great to be tired and pushed. I have missed the feeling of challenge and exertion. We worked out every night with our instructors, and occasionally taught some of the younger students. I already miss that time we had being pushed and learning. I'm still working out 3 nights a week, but it is not the same. I also miss the conversations we had after working out & our winding down times. (I shall have to bombard them with emails). I sort of already have.:)

I also got to drink some excellent coffee while I was there. One of my favorite things to do. :) The little town we were staying in had coffee shops all over the place, and some of them were quite quaint. I also got some fascinating books that I am looking forward to getting to read, when I have more spare time. LOL…

It has been strange being home though. I am doing the normal things of life again, and I have to try to work in my work out time in the morning, and evening. It is very nice to be home as well though, more nice then strange. :) The first night home my siblings put on a magic show and they were adorable. I saw pennies multiplied, cards disappear, and many dazzling tricks. They were great to watch. I had missed them and it was fun to have them astound us.

I have gone back to work now and I am enjoying the busy atmosphere. It is amazing how much work can accumulate while you are away. It is more to my taste though to be busy.


I am glad that I'm back at home with my family. I'd missed them, and it’s nice to read and laugh together. I am afraid that I have the traveling bug though and I'm just itching to go travel somewhere, anywhere.:) For those that know me at all, they know that I love to travel. I find it exciting to see new people, new places, try new foods, and experience new situations. I am longing to go. Sigh…., I guess I will just have to wait and enjoy what I am doing now. When the times right, I'll travel. :)

No comments: