Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year

A New Year, with no mistakes in it. Yet:) It reminds me of Anne Shirley, when she is being told that tomorrow is always a new day with no mistakes in it.
As I went into this new year, I couldn't help but wonder what would happen and think back on what has already taken place that I didn't expect. The Lord has blessed in so many wondrous ways. Last year a good friend of mine got married, I began a full time job, I found a Martial Arts studio to work out in, my church family moved, I had some wonderful friendships start, and so many small, but very exciting situation and instances.
I worked New Years Eve morning and afternoon. Work went really fast and we accomplished a lot of things that needed to be done. We headed to the Christensen's house after work, for fun and fellowship. I had a great time!:) The youth played Volley Ball most of the evening. My cousins came for the evening also and we had her, "Mad Dog Madison" play on our team. Of course we did really well. ;) After playing for a few hours I had to stop, my hand started hurting me. I guess it was from serving. Back in the house all the little ones were playing and running around in circles (literally). Morgan and I explored the house, and than she wanted to play. She didn't need me anymore:) I had a really nice and very needed talk with a few girls as the night went on. Not only did we have our regular church family, but we also had a few people from out of town. My Aunt and Uncle sat around and talked with everyone. McKenna, did great! She didn't want us to play with her, she could do it by herself with the other little ones. I was so glad that everyone had a good time. I enjoyed getting to know everyone. There were all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds. Of course I had fun visiting with my bothers and sisters in Christ. As the evening went on we had delicious food, wonderful s'mores(around the camp fire) and we played Scrabble. I actually won a game of Scrabble (without huge amounts of help):) At Midnight a lot of the families started leaving. A few of us thought it would be fun to stay the night and visit for a while longer. As it ended up we watched the end of The Return of the Kings. I thought we would go to bed after that, but instead we talked about what God was doing in our lives, what we had learned over the last year(or few months) and what was still hard. I was extremely blessed!:) At this point it was already 5:30 am, so a bunch of stayed up the rest of the night and played pick 2 and went outside around the time the sun should have risen. It was too cloudy to actually see the sun rise, but we had a nice time talking and sharing. I can not tell you how much this blessed me. Last year I prayed that God would give me friends to share, fellowship and love. He has and they have blessed me in more ways than imagined. I brought home the girls and then I went home. At home my Aunt, Uncle and family were there. We had our own little Christmas. We exchanged gifts and played games. It is amazing how much noise can be made by 1 game and 7 adults can make. We played Bopit. That was a blast, but very noisy. We spent most of the day playing games and telling stories. My Aunt and Uncle are great, I have never enjoyed getting to visit with them this much before. It was absolutely wonderful. At around 4:30 ish I couldn't keep my eyes open,so I took a nap for about an hour. I woke up feeling better, but kind of groggy. Oh, well!

We played games the rest of the evening and I think we watched a movie. I don't remember much after 7 o'clock, though I was wake. Sort of:)!!!

In all I would have to say it was the best New Years Eve and Day I have ever had. The Lord has really blessed me with wonderful friends and family.

No comments: