Friday, December 24, 2004

Tao Te Ching

The Pieces of a chariot are useless

unless they work in accordance with the whole.

A man's life brings nothing unless he lives in accordance with the whole universe

Playing one's part.

To give without seeking reward

To help without thinking it is virtuous

Therein lies great virtue

Tao Tzu

These are some quotes from Tao Te Ching, that I found thought provoking. We as human beings so often want to be the center of attention. We want to be rewarded (as it says above) for our work. I know I do. There is nothing wrong with being rewarded, but that should not be the reason for the act of kindness.

We also don't like to work as a whole or team. We want all the glory. When we don't work as a team we throw everything out of balance. Please let me know what you all think. I will add more when I get another chance:)

No comments: